Metasploit mailing list archives

Integration with other tools

From: joxeankoret at yahoo.es (Joxean Koret)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:43:15 +0100

Hi,

I'm writting a plugin for Inguma to integrate Metasploit
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/inguma).

The problem I'm facing is that I don't know how can I search through the
Metasploit's modules to associate the vulnerabilities and available
services Inguma finds with the correct product+version+os+sp level,
etc...

Apparently there is no standarized way to associate a product+version to
an specific module.

In example, imagine that Inguma finds an Arkeia Backup Server. Even if
the tool can reliably detect the version I will have many troubles
searching for the vuln. The following is an extract of the targets list
of the exploit:

Arkeia 5.3.3 and 5.2.27 Windows (All)
(...)
Arkeia 5.x Windows 2000 English
(...)
Arkeia 5.x Windows NT 4.0 SP4/SP5/SP6
(...)
Arkeia 4.2 Windows XP English SP0/SP1

As anyone can find there many different possible formats to search for
and it makes the search harder.

The question: Is there any semi-standard way to associate a product
+version with a module?

Thanks in advance!
Regards