Metasploit mailing list archives

A highly newbie question.

From: jerome.athias at free.fr (Jerome Athias)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:57:48 +0100

Hi,

this tutorial was for the same exploit on MSF v2
but i think that it could help you
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Metasploit/WritingWindowsExploit

Good luck
/JA - SecurInfos.info

tzahi mltwo a ?crit :
Hi All,
I wish to study the art of hacking.
I am a windows kernel drivers developer so i am not new to coding and
i know more or less assembly.
I am working on a security product.
I managed to run and use successfuly Metasploit 2.7 and 3 as a
bonnafied script-kiddie :).
However, I wish to learn how hacking is being actually done.
Taking as a case study the warftpd-user exploit in metasploit i wish
to recreate the method in which the original hacker found the exploit.
I installed windbg for starters and the first thing that comes to
mind, is how to break point on the "USER" command to see what
metasploit is doing on the stack.
Can anyone refer me to some tutorials or comment on what he would have
done to recreate this and how to see what metasploit is doing?

Thanks.