Metasploit mailing list archives

Exploit module without any payload (looking for suggestions)

From: a10n3.s7r1k3r at gmail.com (Kashif Iftikhar)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:11:44 +0000

Hello,

  I just finished creating a module to put files on web servers where
the HTTP PUT method is allowed without any restrictions. The issue I
am facing is that I got the stuff done during the exploitation phase
(if it can be called that) but MSF still requires a payload to be
specified. One can select any payload and it still works because the
exploit module never calls in the payload.

  I was wondering if there is a way to specify no payload for an exploit.

  Also, since I am not really "exploiting" a bug, just a
mis-configuration, would it make sense to define a new payload for
this?

  Secondly, would it be suitable to include this as an auxiliary module?

  Currently I have added it under:

       modules/exploits/multi/http/http_put

  Looking for your suggestions.

- Kashif.