Metasploit mailing list archives

MSFConsole - listing modules

From: skoda306 at yahoo.com (daniel)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 02:11:36 -0700 (PDT)

I added some small piece of code so that you can search payloads and exploits quickly.
I tried to made it as simple as possible to avoid breaking anythings, its a simple solution
for the mean time. If you want a better implementation, maybe a nice search command with a
nifty data structure behind, I could implement it, I just didnt want a spent a bunch of time writing
code so that it wouldnt be accepted. So if you tell me what are you looking for I will get to it, in mean time
it works like:

msf > show Linux

Exploits
========

   Name                       Description
   ----                       -----------
   linux/games/ut2004_secure  Unreal Tournament 2004 "secure" Overflow (Linux)

Payloads
========

   Name                           Description
   ----                           -----------
   linux/x86/adduser              Linux Add User
   linux/x86/adduser/bind_tcp     Linux Add User, Bind TCP Stager
   linux/x86/adduser/find_tag     Linux Add User, Find Tag Stager
   linux/x86/adduser/reverse_tcp  Linux Add User, Reverse TCP Stager
   linux/x86/exec                 Linux Execute Command
   linux/x86/exec/bind_tcp        Linux Execute Command, Bind TCP Stager
   linux/x86/exec/find_tag        Linux Execute Command, Find Tag Stager
   linux/x86/exec/reverse_tcp     Linux Execute Command, Reverse TCP Stager
   linux/x86/shell/bind_tcp       Linux Command Shell, Bind TCP Stager
   linux/x86/shell/find_tag       Linux Command Shell, Find Tag Stager
   linux/x86/shell/reverse_tcp    Linux Command Shell, Reverse TCP Stager
   linux/x86/shell_bind_tcp       Linux Command Shell, Bind TCP Inline
   linux/x86/shell_find_port      Linux Command Shell, Find Port Inline
   linux/x86/shell_find_tag       Linux Command Shell, Find Tag Inline
   linux/x86/shell_reverse_tcp    Linux Command Shell, Reverse TCP Inline

msf > show UltraVNC

Exploits
========

   Name                         Description
   windows/vnc/ultravnc_client  UltraVNC 1.0.1 Client Buffer Overflow

msf >

You can download and replace
/framework/trunk/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/core.rb

Hope it helps :)
Daniel