Metasploit mailing list archives

FWD: snortbopre exploit help

From: security at thegeekzone.com (Security)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:21:22 -0500

mmiller at hick.org wrote:
I committed a fix for this to the development branch.  We'll merge it to
the 3.0 branch in the near future.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 07:37:03AM -0500, Security wrote:

mmiller at hick.org wrote:

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:16:56AM -0500, Security wrote:

Hello, I am terribly sorry if I should not be posting this to this list.
If there is a better location for this type of question please let me
know and I'll move along.

I am having issues getting the snortbopre exploit to run properly with
the Metasploit Framework 3 at revision 4670 (just updated). I am getting
an error that says "Exploit failed: wrong number of arguments (0 for 1)"
when attempting to exploit a Debian 3.1 system that's running Snort
2.3.3. I realize that this is not one of the exploitable versions of
Snort but I am curious to find out if I am using the framework or
exploit incorrectly or if the error is because the system is not
vulnerable to the exploit. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds like a bug in the exploit.  Try the following steps:

In msfconsole:
setg LogLevel 3
save
exit

Then restart the console and re-try the exploit.  This should drop stack
trace information into ~/.msf3/logs/framework.log.  Go ahead and shoot
this log to us off list (at msfdev[at] metasploit.com)

Hello, I am attaching a log file to this message because I was
instructed to do so on the Metasploit mailing list last Friday. If I
attached the wrong log file or if I can provide any more information
please let me know.

Thanks,

Ben

Thank you very much for your help with this. I have tested the exploit
and am no longer getting the error. Now I just need to find a VM or Live
CD that has a vulnerable version of Snort on it to successfully use the
exploit.

Ben