Metasploit mailing list archives

snortbopre exploit help

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:06:19 -0700

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:16:56AM -0500, Security wrote:
Hello, I am terribly sorry if I should not be posting this to this list.
If there is a better location for this type of question please let me
know and I'll move along.

I am having issues getting the snortbopre exploit to run properly with
the Metasploit Framework 3 at revision 4670 (just updated). I am getting
an error that says "Exploit failed: wrong number of arguments (0 for 1)"
when attempting to exploit a Debian 3.1 system that's running Snort
2.3.3. I realize that this is not one of the exploitable versions of
Snort but I am curious to find out if I am using the framework or
exploit incorrectly or if the error is because the system is not
vulnerable to the exploit. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds like a bug in the exploit.  Try the following steps:

In msfconsole:
setg LogLevel 3
save
exit

Then restart the console and re-try the exploit.  This should drop stack
trace information into ~/.msf3/logs/framework.log.  Go ahead and shoot
this log to us off list (at msfdev[at] metasploit.com)