Metasploit mailing list archives

MSFGUI

From: fab at revhosts.net (Fabrice MOURRON)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 10:38:29 +0200

Le 27 mars 07 ? 00:21, H D Moore a ?crit :

The GUI is still under active development (by Fabrice), but you can
use it
now if you have all of the dependencies installed. The current version
allows you to select an exploit, configure it, launch it, and interact
with the session or shell.

Getting all the dependencies is kind of a challenge right now, the
only
platform really supported is Gentoo Linux, as one of the patches for
ruby-libglade2 hasn't made it upstream (correct?).

Yes, correct, but now, it seems to be okay on Unbuntu for this patch.

Btw, at Blackhat Europe 2007, many people asked me if it's possible
to _not_ use the wizard (MsfAssistant) ...

MsfAssistant is actually based on Gtk::Assistant, a widget used to
represent all operations splitted in several steps (Targets,
Payloads, Encode, Options). But a minus version of Gtk2.10 is mandatory.
This version seems to be not easy to upgrade, but it's possible (even
under Debian, pending 4 hours to compile, thanks to Nicolas Ruff
feedbacks).

After a quick Backtrack review, it seems their gtk version is 2.8.20 ;-(

So, I decided to recode MsfAssistant to not use Gtk::Assistant.

Fab

If you run Gentoo Linux on x86, you can test msfgui by doing:

# emerge --sync
# emerge -v gtk+ ruby-gnome2 ruby-gtk2 ruby-libglade2

$ /path/to/msfgui

-HD