Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit 3.0 for Windows Test Installer

From: mwhite22 at caledonian.ac.uk (Mike Whitehead)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:27:32 +0000

Can't view payload details for the "Generic Command Shell, Reverse TCP Inline" or "Generic Command Shell, Bind TCP
Inline". They both raise "A platform could not be determined by the generic payload" error.Don't know if its now
supposed to do so, but msfweb outputs details for every POST and GET, doesn't really seem necessary to me?Only a novice
with metasploit so can only really comment on the simple little details I see :)> From: hdm at metasploit.com> To:
framework at metasploit.com> Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 03:43:27 -0500> Subject: [framework] Metasploit 3.0 for Windows
Test Installer> > If anyone has a few moments to spare, please download, install, and play > with the new Windows
version of the Metasploit Framework. It is limited > to msfweb right now, but please let me know whether it works,
whether the > interface is usable, and what we can do to improve the entire experience.> >
https://metasploit.com/metasploit3-test1.exe> > This EXE will be removed as soon as enough responses are received or a
new > version is built. Mac and Linux users should grab the latest snapshot > from Subversion, as its really close to
the final 3.0 release.> > -HD