Metasploit mailing list archives

Running Framework2 and Framework3 for Windows on the same box

From: tomb at byrneit.net (Tomas L. Byrnes)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:55:10 -0800

Probably the smartest solution would be to create a VMWare community
appliance of MSF. It would ease support issues too.

Metasploit is part of some of the appliances:

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/348

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/122

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/165

For those who don't know: VMWare player is free, and these pre-built
appliances let you get a custom environment up and running immediately.
The advantage is it's totally segmented memory space running its own OS.
Solves all those nasty Windows compatibility issues.

More @ www.vmware.com

And no, I don't work for VMWare/EMC at all. Just really like their
stuff.