Metasploit mailing list archives

Running Framework2 and Framework3 for Windows on the same box

From: jerome.athias at free.fr (Jerome Athias)
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:54:02 +0100

This is a possible workaround (maybe not the best!)

Do a search to identify Windows programs that use cygwin1.dll and have
their own versions of this dll.  Rename their versions as something
simple (ie cygwin1X.dll) and modify the Windows path to include
c:\cygwin\bin (default path if you used setup.exe of cygwin), or
whatever bin directory is off the cygwin root directory.   This prevents
multiple versions of the cygwin1.dll from running at the same time.
To get to the Windows path, right click "My Computer" icon, "Properties"
option, choose "Advanced" tab, then "Environment Variables" button to
get to the User variables.  Then either define a new variable PATH or
edit it to include c:\cygwin\bin (directories within the PATH variable
are separated by semi-colons)..

(Add or set the Windows environment variable HOME  to  c:\ -- this is
where you wind up when you type cd  at a Cygwin prompt.)

... you could also use Linux ;-X

good luck
/JA

Bob Davies a ?crit :
Hi all :)
One other quick question on that note..
Are there interdependencies between the various cygwin dll's that
might get bunged if I just copy the one cywin1.dll file over, or do I
need to copy all of them over from one bin directory to the other?
Thanks in advance.
Bob