Metasploit mailing list archives

Running Framework2 and Framework3 for Windows on the same box

From: tyggerbob at gmail.com (Bob Davies)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:21:08 -0500

Thanks Jerome, even :)
Doh!

On 12/6/06, Bob Davies <tyggerbob at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Jeremy.
hehehe.. I was just about to write an email saying how everything is
working great after copying the cywin1.dll from the MSF3 bin directory to
the MSF2 bin directory, when I noticed that when I run msfconsole.bat from
..\framework2\bin, it runs MSF 3! That would explain why it was whining
about the cygwin.dll version in the first place.
I'm wondering if there is some environment variable set during the MSF3
install that is overriding something  in MSF2 and telling it to use the MSF3
path or something?.

BTW, for the most part, I do and prefer to do this stuff in Linux, but I'm
setting up a demon environment where I'm restricted to Windows at the moment
:)  Having them in parallel works fine on my Linux box :)

Thanks again.