Metasploit mailing list archives

Realvnc bypass auth connection failure

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:07:12 -0500

This guy is getting unsubscribed for duplicate posts. Sorry for the noise.

-HD

On Sunday 30 July 2006 23:04, Mervyn Heng wrote:
Hi Mr Moore. I tested the same exploit from Metasploit in Backtrack
(running as a virtual machine) against my vulnerable RealVNC server
(also a virtual machine) and was successful in gaining remote access
without requiring the VNC password. I attribute my previous failure to
the fact that the exploit could not locate my VNC client (within XP)
versus the fact that it automatically found and launched the TightVNC
client in Backtrack. Thanks for your time and feedback.