Metasploit mailing list archives

Realvnc bypass auth connection failure

From: barcajax at gmail.com (Mervyn Heng)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:23:58 +0800

Mr Moore, you are right about port 5900. It was not listening on my machine.
I can't put my finger on why its not listening though. Any pointers?

On 7/31/06, H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com> wrote:

After launching the Metasploit module, open a command shell and run
"netstat -na", make sure port 5900 is actually listening. Then try
connecting to this as localhost/127.0.0.1, either with the GUI or using
the vncviewer command line (vncviewer 127.0.0.1::5900). If this fails,
try connecting manually with telnet or netcat. I can't reproduce that
issue on the Metasploit test machines.

-HD