Metasploit mailing list archives

Realvnc bypass auth connection failure

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:17:39 -0500

After launching the Metasploit module, open a command shell and run
"netstat -na", make sure port 5900 is actually listening. Then try
connecting to this as localhost/127.0.0.1, either with the GUI or using
the vncviewer command line (vncviewer 127.0.0.1::5900). If this fails,
try connecting manually with telnet or netcat. I can't reproduce that
issue on the Metasploit test machines.

-HD