Metasploit mailing list archives

VML exploit - seperate issue maybe?

From: kenny at craftbros.com (Kenneth Craft)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:23:50 -0400

I've been very unsuccessful at getting any of the exploits to work properly (it may be that my security is so tight
that they are working properly). When I run the exploit on ANY machine, XP SP0, 1, 2 and Server2003 I get the same
thing:

failed to initialize listener on local port 8080.

I know I'm new to the software and there's a learning curve, but I get this for almost every single exploit I try...

Any suggestions?