Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit Noob - Can't figure this out WAS: [framework] VML exploit - seperate issue maybe?

From: kenny at craftbros.com (Kenneth Craft)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:30:16 -0400

Hmm,

I changed the Port and get the same error. The report is:

[*] Starting Reverse Handler.
[*] Failed to create local HTTP listener on PORT# (Tried 10 different ports...)
[*] Exiting Reverse Handler.

I get this for every exploit, on every system I test. Even a completely un patched original version of Windows XP
pro... Basic OEM install disk from first day of release.. Not connected to Inet for updates.

Thanks