Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Porting to MSF 3.x

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:39:25 -0500

On Thursday 29 June 2006 13:45, Rhys Kidd wrote:
Point of this, is that for the remaining exploits, more minds looking
at these could be helpful. It's not too hard to simply port them to
Ruby, ( beyond time ) however quite a few of the exploits could do with
a significant overhaul. This includes checking the references actually
match the code :P

Agreed.

However, if the MSF devs are interested in including some sort of
check-in/check-out system with the SVN access, it could speed up the
process of getting _something_ out there for each vulnerability.

We are somewhat paranoid about check-ins, but we can open up the SVN tree
read-only starting next week and would be happy to proxy commits that are
mailed in as unified diffs. All of the Black Hat materials are due at
6:00pm today, so my free time is at an all time low.

-HD