Metasploit mailing list archives

Closing Metepreter leave a crash on remote . any way to prevent ?

From: elite_netbios at yahoo.com (Hamid . K)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:30:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Yes HD , I`m talking about standalone instance of
Meterpreter .
How ever , killing meterpreter process will make it
shutdown quitely .

Hamid

--- H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com> wrote:

How is meterpreter being launched? Is this crash
caused when you use the
standalone executable or with a particular exploit?
From our own testing,
we have not seen this happen when using meterpreter
through an exploit,
however the "standalone" payload stuff is still
experimental and is known
to have some problems (such as vnc not working
well).

-HD