Metasploit mailing list archives

use of meterpreter (copy for the list )

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:41:44 -0500

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 09:00:56AM +0200, Thomas Werth wrote:
so i did two more tests.
First i tried to proxy a ssh connection via exploitet proxy host. This
works very well.
Then i tried to run an attack again through this proxy. i delayed
creating forward of port 4444 til connected msg appears.
I'm running actual msf under win32. Now i got an error Msg that differs
from all other. here's the log :

Well, from what I can tell from the last few outputs you've pasted, it
seems like you're taking the right steps.  Receiving error 11001
(WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND) is pretty odd.  It seems to me that this is a bug,
so I'll have to try to set up a reproduction to investigate it here in
the next week or two.  There's more information that could be collected,
but it'll require code modifications to get it, such as by modifying the
Net extension source code to track the connection allocation attempts to
see if they're succeeding or failing, or in what way they are failing.
I'll let you know if I come up with something.

I'm wondering if maybe it's related to multiple port forwards being
defined, though I tested this originally and it worked.  You could try
forwarding port 135 through meterpreter using the portfwd command and
then create a manual port forward (download a 3rd party tool that will
do basic port forwarding) and forward localhost 4444 to the exploit host
on 4444.  Make sure you create the port forward after 'Connected' like
usual.

msf msrpc_dcom_ms03_026(win32_bind) > exploit
[*] Starting Bind Handler.
[*] Connected to REMACT with group ID 0x0
[*] Got connection from 127.0.0.1:2197 <-> 127.0.0.1:4444
Can't locate object method "HandleConsole" via package
"Msf::Payload::win32_bind
" at /home/framework/lib/Msf/PayloadComponent/ConnectionHandler.pm line 61.

Hmm, odd.  I'm not sure how this error could be possible.
ConnectionHandler inherits from Console which defines HandleConsole.