Metasploit mailing list archives

exploiting system Outside network

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:53:29 -0600

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 04:03:02AM -0800, Jahanzaib Sarfaraz wrote:
i read in HD MOOR mail meterpreter can be user for a purpose some wht similar to that ? can u tell me that is it
really possible to get a shell on my system of any system outside my internal network using the shell of my server
which has a global unique IP .. and i have an internal IP ...

Take a look at page 6 in the Introduction and appendix A.3.3 in the
Meterpreter documentation.  The appendix describes how the portfwd
command can be used to do this.  We will likely enhance this support
in the future to make it more integrated (such as by adding an
aliased command that makes it easier to create dynamic port forwards
when attacking hosts inside the target machine's network).  With that
said, it should work fine as is, it just requires manually creating
the port forwards and manually specifying the correct RHOST/RPORT
using the local side of the port forward.

http://www.metasploit.com/projects/Framework/docs/meterpreter.pdf

Hope that helps!