Metasploit mailing list archives

problem metasploit creating socket

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:40:45 -0500

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 18:13, Jose Alejandro Sanchez Ortega wrote:
I am using Mac X 10.3.5 (panther), and I am probing Framework
Metasploit 2.2 in console mode. When a probe with a IIS 5.5 printer
overflow and win32_bind and win32_reverse payloads; I have problems at

[*] Error creating socket: Connection failed: Invalid argument
[*] Exiting Bind Handler.

Any idea?

Please verify that the web server port is actually open on the target
system. The "invalid argument" error is a problem with a broken Perl
installation on MacOS X; the socket error messages are mixed up.

$ telnet 172.16.25.22 80

If the above command fails, double check your target system...

-HD