Information Security News mailing list archives

A new name - and focus - for Army Cyber Command?

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 07:59:39 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.c4isrnet.com/show-reporter/technet-augusta/2019/08/21/a-new-name-and-focus-for-army-cyber-command/

By Mark Pomerleau
C4ISRNET.com
August 21, 2019

Lt. Gen. Stephen Fogarty has been telling audiences for the past year that he will be the last commander of Army Cyber Command. In the future, the organization will carry a name more encompassing of its wide-ranging mission in the information warfare space.

That idea is now becoming a reality.

“The intent is to provide a proposal that will change us from Army Cyber Command to Army Information Warfare Command because we believe that is a more accurate descriptor of what I’m being asked to do on a daily basis,” he said at TechNet Augusta Aug. 20.

Fogarty wants commanders to have the ability "to sense, understand, decide, act and assess faster than the adversary because whoever can do that with more speed or more precision, I believe, enjoys decisive advantage,” he said.

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
https://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/