Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft to Blame for 'Love Bug'? (fwd)

From: William Knowles <wk () C4I ORG>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 00:35:45 -0500

Forwarded by: Craig Williams <craig.williams () hookrise com>

my 2c -

I think this is a lame attempt to pass blame. The virus didn't have to
be a script - it could have been a simple exe - users would still have
opened it and the same result would have occured.

Are we supposed to now disable the running of exe files, I think not ;)

-C