Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Alex Jones is far from the only person tech companies are silencing - The Washington Post

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 22:47:57 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rahul Tongia <tongia.cmu () gmail com>
Date: August 14, 2018 at 9:56:14 PM GMT+9
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip <ip () listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Alex Jones is far from the only person tech companies are silencing - The Washington Post

Dave,

Perhaps a naive Q - what if tech companies allow person X to continue posting aka speaking, but entirely cut off
their monetisation?

Would that be allowed? Would that change any outcomes?

What if there were alternatives such as allow person X's web page or uploads, but remove any formal channel, and
subscriptions?

I guess a more pressing challenge would be who gets to decide who is worthy of such treatment.

Rahul

Sent from my handheld... pardon my brevity if not poor grammar