Interesting People mailing list archives

Facebook to Banks: Give Us Your Data, We’ll Give You Our Users - WSJ

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 11:02:17 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Shannon McElyea <shannonm () gmail com>
Subject: Facebook to Banks: Give Us Your Data, We’ll Give You Our Users - WSJ
Date: August 7, 2018 at 9:00:39 AM GMT+9
To: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>, Dave Farber <dave () farber net>

sorry if you’ve sent already - am way behind….

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-to-banks-give-us-your-data-well-give-you-our-users-1533564049?via=newsletter&source=CSPMedition

<https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-to-banks-give-us-your-data-well-give-you-our-users-1533564049?via=newsletter&source=CSPMedition>

Facebook to Banks: Give Us Your Data, We’ll Give You Our Users

Facebook has asked large U.S. banks to share detailed financial information about customers as it seeks to boost user
engagement

By Emily Glazer, Deepa Seetharaman and AnnaMaria Andriotis
Updated Aug. 6, 2018 1:50 p.m. ET
Facebook Inc. wants your financial data.

The social-media giant has asked large U.S. banks to share detailed financial information about their customers,
including card transactions and checking-account balances, as part of an effort to offer new services to users.

Facebook increasingly wants to be a platform where people buy and sell goods...

To Read the Full Story

Shannon McElyea
Shannonm () gmail com <mailto:Shannonm () gmail com>
+1 650 332 2556 <tel:+1%20650%20332%202556>
STRATEGIC ALLIANCES | PARTNERSHIP ECOSYSTEM/CHANNEL DEVELOPMENT | TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER

Mentor, TechWomen <https://www.techwomen.org/>, an Initiative of the State Department  https://www.techwomen.org/
<https://www.techwomen.org/>
Advisor and advocate Rising International <http://www.risinginternational.org/> ‘Empowering women locally and
globally to rise out of extreme poverty”
      Rising International’s Safe and Sound program
<https://risinginternational.worldsecuresystems.com/donate-safeandsound~true> “Human Trafficking Prevention For Youth
In the U.S.”

~  "The quality I would most like to magnify is empathy. It brings us together in a peaceful, loving state." -
Stephen Hawking

~  “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”  - Helen Keller

~  "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” - The
Dalai Lama

Got Water? The Waterbearers <http://thewaterbearers.org/videos/> One filter provides 100 people clean water for 10
years!
1.1 billion people lack access to safe drinking water. 2.6 billion people lack adequate sanitation. 1.8 million
people die every year from diarrhoeal diseases, including 90 % of children under 5. This situation is no longer
bearable.