Interesting People mailing list archives

Fwd: FreePress is suing the FCC. Here's how the process works.

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 00:09:15 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Richard Bennett <richard () bennett com>
Date: Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] FreePress is suing the FCC. Here's how the process works.
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
CC: ip <ip () listbox com>

So the issue with net neutrality is that AT&T, Comcast, and Verizon
shouldn’t have EXACTLY THE SAME ABILITY TO CENSOR SPEECH that Twitter,
Facebook, Cloudflare and Google have always had?

Wow.

It’s a lot easier - and less consequential - for me to switch from the
Wi-Fi network back ended by Comcast to the Wi-Fi hotspot back ended by AT&T
than to switch from Facebook to Google+.

I saw a Tweet today that encapsulates everything that’s wrong with
net neutrality: "People fear their ISP way too much and the edge providers
not nearly enough.” Think it through.

Happy New Year!

RB