Interesting People mailing list archives

Re From a nyt and long time iper Re New York Times defends hiring extreme climate denier: 'millions agree with him'

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 17:09:42 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Edward Almasy <ed () almasy net>
Date: Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re From a nyt and long time iper Re New York Times
defends hiring extreme climate denier: 'millions agree with him'
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>

On Apr 23, 2017, at 10:56am, Dave Crocker <dcrocker () gmail com> wrote:

The fact that the new hire is for the Opinions sections does not relieve
the Times from worrying about substance and quality.

While the potential degradation in NY Times quality concerns me, I'm far
more worried about the stamp of legitimacy being published under the NY
Times masthead grants Bret Stephens.  The climate change denial crowd has
shown a predilection for exploiting any and every available tool to add
credence to their position and throw doubt on the science, and this is
potentially a fairly significant new arrow in their quiver.   "According to
the New York Times..."

Ed