Interesting People mailing list archives

Re From a nyt and long time iper Re New York Times defends hiring extreme climate denier: 'millions agree with him'

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 18:46:08 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Esther Dyson <edyson () edventure com>
Date: Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re From a nyt and long time iper Re New York Times
defends hiring extreme climate denier: 'millions agree with him'
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip <ip () listbox com>

Yes, there’s a huge difference between the editorial page and the news
pages - at least in both the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal….

just as there are differences among denying climate change, acknowledging
that there is a change but denying that humans caused the change, affirming
that we know how to fix it, and urging that we take the risk of intervening
because our predictions indicate that intervention is the last risky path
(though which interventions in particular, and at whose short-term
expense…..??)