Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Comments? Re New York Times defends hiring extreme climate denier: 'millions agree with him'

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 17:11:09 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jay Fenello <Jay () fenello com>
Date: Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re Comments? Re New York Times defends hiring extreme
climate denier: 'millions agree with him'
To: <dave () farber net>, ip <ip () listbox com>

I believe there is data supporting both sides of this issue ...

For example, here's a graph showing CO2 versus temperature over the last 4
billion years that appears to show little if any correlation between the
two:

[image: http://www.biocab.org/Geological_Timescale_op_712x534.jpg]

Given the difficulties involved in accurately distilling the worlds varying
regions into a single global temperature, as well as measuring  the minute
amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere *over **millions **of years*, a little
skepticism on both sides of this issue would seem prudent.