Interesting People mailing list archives

How Trump Can Become the Greatest Leader Ever

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 13:50:53 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Horgan <jhorgan () stevens edu>
Date: December 5, 2016 at 10:21:40 AM EST
To: Dave Farber <farber () gmail com>
Subject: How Trump Can Become the Greatest Leader Ever

Dave, I thought your list might find my new Scientific American post interesting. Cheers, John Horgan

How Trump Can Become the Greatest Leader Ever: A plea to the President-elect to make world peace his number-one
mission.

Dear President-Elect Trump:

Congratulations on your victory! Let me be honest: I supported Hillary Clinton, because The New York Times and other
liberal media convinced me that you were too brash, disrespectful of convention, to be President. But I’m beginning
to see your defiance of received wisdom in a positive light. In fact, that is why I’m writing you. I have a
proposition that should appeal to your iconoclasm--and, yes, your ambition.

Your doubters insinuate that the prospect of being President daunts you, but of course they underestimate you. If
anything you are wondering: What loftier mountains are there to climb? Challenges to overcome? How can you top what
you’ve already done? You have big items on your to-do list: reforming immigration and health-care policies, boosting
employment, rebuilding our creaky infrastructure, renegotiating international trade deals and alliances. I propose
that you make a much grander goal your primary mission: world peace...

Continue at https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/how-donald-trump-can-become-the-greatest-leader-ever/​