Interesting People mailing list archives

Hopping mad .. Apple/ATT blows it again and again and again and again and etc

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:18:44 -0400

Reply to. dave () farber net

Begin forwarded message:

From: Karl Auerbach <karl () cavebear com>
Date: June 15, 2010 12:10:28 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Hopping mad .. Apple/ATT blows it again and again and again and again and etc

My company recently moved its offices from Santa Cruz up the hill a few miles to Scotts Valley.  AT&T was and is our
POTS provider in both cases.

AT&T has been utterly unable to cope with this.  For instance they have spent months trying to figure out how to
deliver incoming caller identification, a service that we had at our old location.

Their sales/customer support arm seems to speak a different language then their technical arm.  And their internal
communications seem to be based on telepathy, hope, and happy coincidence.

AT&T seems on the verge of implosion.  I wonder whether some day in the future they will be acquired for the scrap
value of their copper and the real-estate value of land under their central offices?

This is not the AT&T of old; TPC - The Telephone Company - the overbearing monopoly that at least competently
delivered a solid and reliable product.

Has Ma Bell gone senile?

       --karl--