Interesting People mailing list archives

re Vanishing US Industry: Some Straight Talk

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:21:43 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: bobr () bobrosenberg phoenix az us
Date: July 6, 2010 6:52:29 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] re  Vanishing US Industry: Some Straight Talk

Dave

Andy Grove's suggestion "... to protect ... US jobs...." is straight out of Adam
Smith's "On the Wealth of Nations".

Smith calls for free markets EXCEPT for those industries that are vital to the
existence of a nation.

Don't let any modern day person (economist or not) get away with arguing that
somehow protecting the lifeblood of the nation is a bad idea.

Cheers,
Bob

--

Bob Rosenberg
P.O. Box 33023

This message is hereby Creative Commons licensed:  Attribution-NonCommercial

Begin forwarded message: