Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: ISP Accused of "Hijacking" Google Search Queries and Subscribers' DNS

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:29:49 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Charley Kline <csk () mail com>
Date: April 11, 2010 2:24:52 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: ISP Accused of "Hijacking" Google Search Queries and Subscribers' DNS

Brett,

While you are correct that there are sometimes reasonable alternatives to DSL or Cable, WISPs are rarely a better choice if DSL or cable are available in your area. I used to use Sprint Broadband before DSL and cable were available in my area. I just looked up Etheric prices. They want $100/month for 2 Mb/second but I currently pay $45/month for 20 Mb/second from the cable company.

-- Charley Kline