Interesting People mailing list archives

Apple iPad: The End of Tablets As We Know Them

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 14:36:03 -0400

Sent from my iPad - 32 gig model. Review to follow Sunday  to give a chance to use it. Djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jonathan B Spira <jspira () basex com>
Date: April 3, 2010 2:24:46 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Apple iPad: The End of Tablets As We Know Them?

Dave

IP readers will be familiar with many of the examples I cite in my article, Apple iPad: The End of Tablets As We
Know Them?

"The launch of the Apple iPad today has many proclaiming this moment to be akin to the information revolution
sparked by Gutenberg’s invention of mechanical movable type
Look at an important (and related) parallel: the move from analog to digital photography.
The history of tablet computing goes back to the 1950s and 1960s with the Styalator, the Rand Tablet, and Alan Kay’s
Dynabook concept. The first commercially viable tablet was the GridPad (1989) ...

Article continues at Apple iPad: The End of Tablets As We Know Them?

Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Szívélyes üdvözlet/Cordialement/Cordiali saluti/Saludos/Vänliga hälsningar

/s/ Jonathan