Interesting People mailing list archives

Cuts to Health Accounts May Force Patients to Expedite Care - Bloomberg.com

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:45:46 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Brock N. Meeks" <bnmeeks () verizon net>
Date: November 1, 2009 1:14:47 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Cuts to Health Accounts May Force Patients to Expedite Care - Bloomberg.com

When I was with MSNBC I was able to take advantage of a flexible spending program. It always worked like a charm for my family, only an occasional blip — nothing works perfectly — and even then it was usually just a matter of a some new clerk getting some coding wr ong. Each year when it came time to sign up for the plan the “how m uch should we allocate?” question became something of a ritual for m e and my wife because, as is pointed out, “what you don’t use, you lose.” After a few years we pretty much had it nailed on how mu ch to set aside. One year we pumped up the spending to the maximum because that was the year I intended to “get my eyes done” (laser surgery) and since it was an elective and not covered by insurance, the flexible spending account really helped cut down on the cost.