Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: What part of "Unlimited Data plan" was it that confused them?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:04:35 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Boyes <dboyes () sinenomine net>
Date: December 16, 2009 1:59:52 PM EST
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>, ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] What part of "Unlimited Data plan" was it that confused them?

Subject: Operation Chokehold
On Friday, December 18, at noon Pacific time, we will attempt to overwhelm the
AT&T data network and bring it to its knees. The goal is to have every iPhone
user (or as many as we can) turn on a data intensive app and run that app for
one solid hour. Send the message to AT&T that we are sick of their substandard
network and sick of their abusive comments. The idea is we'll create a digital
flash mob. We're calling it in Operation Chokehold. Join us and speak truth to
power!

You know, this sure looks and smells like cyberterrorism to me. It's an
intentional attempt to disrupt a national infrastructure for a purpose,
putting emergency services and infrastructure at risk. I'd think that some
of the high-powered lawyers at AT&T ought to be able to make a good case.