Interesting People mailing list archives

Shoemaker's children: Re: McCain answers Scientists & Engineers for America's questionaire

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:58:39 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>
Date: September 15, 2008 12:31:35 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Shoemaker's children: Re: [IP] McCain answers Scientists & Engineers for America's questionaire

sefora.org needs to hire some actual *Computing* scientists. Their provisioning of their website can't handle the load of IP-list generated visitors. Wait till they get slashdotted.

Engineering-centered organizations should be well-engineered, lest the Shoemaker's children go unshod.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Robert J Berger <rberger () ibd com>
Date: September 15, 2008 11:10:18 AM EDT

Dear SEA Member,
As a member of SEA, you are among the first to know. Senator McCain has answered our coalition's Innovation & the Elections questionnaire.

Now that Senators McCain and Obama have answered, you can comparewhat they have both said.

Thanks to Science Debate 2008, the coalition, and all the SEA members who supported the project. Together, we are making science and technology a top issue in 2008!

McCain's answers:
http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10132004&msgid=126787&act=2TLT&c=212224&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fsharp.sefora.org%2Fpeople%2Fpresidential-candidates%2Fjohn-mccain-presidential-candidate%2F

<snip>