Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Kids.....

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:47:04 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: November 15, 2008 8:36:40 AM EST
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] re: Kids.....

[Note:  This comment comes from friend Scott Berry.  DLH]

From: Scott Berry <sjb () optonline net>
Date: November 13, 2008 2:18:37 PM PST
To: 'Dewayne Hendricks' <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Subject: RE: [Dewayne-Net] re: Kids.....

Dewayne,

[For the list.]

This "entitlement" stuff is rich. My eight-year old already acts this way, I can only hope she grows up before she gets to college. Seems like many
haven't.

I remember someone in a college Physics class complaining to the professor. The prof took 10 points off on a test problem, and the student thought it
should have been much less.  After all, he only got the placement of the
decimal point wrong.

The professor's response:  "Young man, some day you will be building the
planes that I fly in. You damn well better not be off by a decimal point."
'Nuff said.

Now excuse me, I have to go chase some young hooligans off my lawn.

Scott