Interesting People mailing list archives

New iPhone applications vs. (permanent) battery life?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:46:47 -0700

It is my experience that battery life is much worse in practice. I have a 1st gen iPhone with 2.0 software.
Periodically the phone gets hot as hell. Why, no ideabut the battery goes down fast. Might be the "push" mail but
sometimes it is good sometimes bad . mail always runs?

By the way I am still deeply disturbed by the lack of understanding of Apple that many of their customers do not enjoy
standing in line in the heat just because Apple can not seem to understand scheduling . Weird. Dave Crocker might have
it right.

Dave