Interesting People mailing list archives

Congress opens probe in to FCC's openness

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 07:52:17 -0800

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:46 AM
To: David Farber
Subject: Congress opens probe in to FCC's openness

For IP if you wish, but please do not use my name as I am a current FCC
employee.  I have attached the actual letter from the Congress.

http://www.reuters.com/article/industryNews/idUSN0852153620080109

U.S. House panel launches probe of FCC practices
By Julie Vorman

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Worsening friction between Congress and the head of
the U.S. Federal Communications Commission escalated on Tuesday into a
formal investigation of agency rule-making procedures and management
practices.

The U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee said it launched the probe to
determine if the agency had been fair, open, efficient and transparent
when crafting regulations.