Interesting People mailing list archives

My position on Comcastidiocy

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:10:36 -0800

The debate over port 25 is interesting. BUT the idea that without notice they disabled by outbound email (which is NOT
high volumn -- POBOX.com handles list distribution) is IRRESPONSIBLE in the extreme. Also consider those who dont have
access to CMU and IP whose mail agents set up port 25 by default. Suddenly their machine stops sending email and their
personal and/or business suffers. I wonder if Comcast will refuse to let me place calls on their digital voice if I
call too much or they just feel in the mood.

This is BULL -- you know what.

Dave