Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Running Any Third Party iPhone Apps? Bye-Bye Warranty!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:51:33 -0400

All I have to say is BAH

Begin forwarded message:

From: L Victor Marks <victor () victormarks com>
Date: September 25, 2007 12:37:53 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Running Any Third Party iPhone Apps? Bye-Bye Warranty!

Apple has clarified that they will not intentionally brick phones that have been hacked or unlocked, but that they will not be responsible if something they do does cause the phone to be bricked. From a software test standpoint, I can understand this.

No idea what the legal implications are of voiding a warranty, but they can't be good.

I wonder if they couldn't just overwrite the radio software first, and avoid the possibilities of bricking handsets?

Regards,
Victor