Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: A Sinking Feeling Down in San Antone?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:26:22 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: steven cherry <steven () panix com>
Date: September 20, 2007 7:05:06 AM EDT
To: "Bob Frankston" <bob37-2 () bobf frankston com>
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: A Sinking Feeling Down in San Antone?

I don't entirely agree about WiMax in particular, which was how we started this. The Sprint model is very explicitly to create a wireless broadband network and charge people a monthly fee. Period.

They have a few vague plans to get some indirect revenue, by the way, such as providing location information to service providers like AOL or Google who will then make use of it in, say, search results. But they're not looking to make money per-song, or per-SMS message, &c.