Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Widespread AT&T EDGE Network Failure?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:55:55 -0400

wgar does one expect from att

Begin forwarded message:

From: Alice Kehoe <akehoe () zen org>
Date: July 2, 2007 8:39:29 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Widespread AT&T EDGE Network Failure?

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: July 2, 2007 6:20:45 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: lauren () vortex com
Subject: Widespread AT&T EDGE Network Failure?

As an AT&T customer who depends on this data functionality of my phone, to say I am displeased is an understatement.
As another AT&T/Cingular subscriber, I agree wholeheartedly with Lauren's sentiments. All day, it has been vitrually impossible for me to get and/or keep a connection with my Samsung SGH-A707 (a/k/a "Sync") ... I live in Maine ... and I'm very angry!

One can't help wondering if AT&T was so preoccupied with hyping and reaping profits from iPhones that they never bothered to ensure that they'd be able to handle the resulting, obvious increased demands upon system capacity.