Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Secret U.S. Program Tracks Global Bank Transfers

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:34:46 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brad Templeton <btm () templetons com>
Date: June 23, 2006 3:51:49 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: h_bray () globe com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Secret U.S. Program Tracks Global Bank Transfers

Begin forwarded message:

From: h_bray () globe com
Date: June 23, 2006 11:33:37 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com

Once again, a secret intelligence program during wartime has been
exposed.

Do these guys actually want us to win?

Hiawatha Bray

Clearly not.  Those doing this must obviously wish the terrorists
good luck, and hope they can proceed quickly with their attacks
on innocent people and destruction of our society.

Hmm.   Something not right about that inference.   And yet
we see people of all stripes making this "you must be with us
or you are with the enemy" falacy.    Mr. Bray isn't the only one
to do it, I've seen this falacy promoted from all sides, even been
tempted to think it myself.

But what we must realize, when we ask a question like this,
is that something has gone wrong, not with the insufficiently
dedicated compatriots we are criticising, but with ourselves.
What would drive a rational man to ask such a disingenuous question?

Because we're asking these questions far too much.

(One can only assume those who keep asking such questions want
to divide us so the terrorists can win.  :-)