Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Domain name registration scam by phone?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:27:33 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brett Glass <brett () lariat net>
Date: July 26, 2006 8:07:49 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Domain name registration scam by phone?

Bruce Koball wrote:

I had the identical experience about a week ago. I got the distinct
impression that it was a boiler-room operation (lots of chatter in the
background), and probably in Asia, based on the accent and QOS of the
line.

I receive calls from these operations a few times a year. The calls seem to be originating from India and to be scams launched by to "Domain Registry of America" and "Liberty Domains of America", two well known domain slammers.

For more, see

http://www.thelivingmedia.com/business/services/ news_domain_registration_scams/

or Google "Domain Registry of America" or "Liberty Domains of America".

--Brett Glass