Interesting People mailing list archives

Good Question more on Could NY Times face a treason trial?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:44:36 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Newmedia () aol com
Date: January 24, 2006 4:18:52 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Good Question more on Could NY Times face a treason trial?

Dave:

Speaking as Wall Street analyst, I suspect that the New York Times would *welcome* such a trial given a) the boost that it would probably bring to their circulation (which is in terrible shape, in case you haven't noticed) and b) they probably wouldn't even have to pay the legal bill.

After all the newsroom scandals, I can just imagine "Pinch" forcefully striding across the stage to defend the Times' role as the new civil liberties sheriff in town . . . <g>

Mark Stahlman
New York City