Interesting People mailing list archives

mo Why's a Retired Army Lieutenant Colonel on the"No-Fly" List?]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:05:21 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IP] mo Why's a Retired Army Lieutenant Colonel on
the"No-Fly" List?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:14:06 -0600
From: Steve Peterson <steve () zpfe com>
To: dave () farber net
<292B2BB0-F8EE-41D3-96AF-E62ABA5F15A0 () farber net>

When I was on the no-fly list (hmmm, couldn't be my name could it?),
the clearance process involved the ticket agent 1) verifying my ID
and 2) reading my birthdate to the person at the other end of the
authorization process.  That combination would get me cleared.

People I know thought it was particularly entertaining, because I've
been an elected official in my city of 85000 for 6+years now.

Steve